The Game Kitchen
Based in Sevilla, Spain
June 18, 2010
Press / Business Contact:
Please contact via email first.
+0034 634 53 13 37
DescriptionWe create games for mobile devices and PC. We used to do a lot of contract work, but now we do fully independent projects. Moreover, we develop accesible games thinking in people with disabilities and games for social change.
Long before The Game Kitchen was born, the people behind this company met each other and begin learning how to make games. First, it was a hobby, we had jobs somewhere else. "Nivel21 Entertainment" we used to call us back then. We made some games and entered a few contests, being "Rotor'scope: The Secret of the Endless Energy" the most remarkable one, awarded 2nd Prize on DreamBuildPlay 2009.After that
After the moderated success of "Rotor'scope", we found the strength we needed to quit our boring jobs and create our own company: The Game Kitchen. For the first two years, we did contract work for other companies and game studios, including ports of existing games and educational titles.In the Present
Our company moved away from the contract bussines and currently is fully focused in creating its own original titles, mostly in the field of what's now commonly know as indie games. One of our first titles was "Dungeon Defiler" for iOS. Now, we're currently developing an episodic point-and-click horror adventure called "The Last Door", awarded by public and critics.
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominated for Best PC Game Award" - The Last Door - Gamelab Barcelona 2014 by the Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Interactivas
- "Nominated for Best Music and Sound Design Award" - The Last Door - Gamelab Barcelona 2014 by the Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Interactivas
- "Coolest Videogame" - The Last Door - Indie Burguer Development Awards 2014
- "We want a Sequel" - The Last Door - Indie Burguer Development Awards 2014
- "Nominated for Best Browser/Social Game Award" - The Last Door - Gamelab Barcelona 2013 by the Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Interactivas
- "Best Adventure Game 2013 (Second Chapter ‘Memories’)" - The Last Door - Armor Games - http://www.armorgames.com/
- "Top 10 Best Games of 2013 (Pilot Chapter ‘The Letter’)" - The Last Door - Kongregate - http://www.kongregate.com/
- "Best Indie Game, Public Choice Award" - Rotor'scope - GameLab, Barcelona, 2010
- "2nd Prize DreamBuildPlay 2009" - Rotor'scope - Microsoft XNA Contest, 2009
- "Best Gameplay" - Rotor'scope - ArtFutura, Barcelona, 2009
- "Ready, Steady, Poe: The Last Door"
- Adam Smith, Rock, paper, shotgun
- "Interview with one of the creators of "The Last Door", a lovecraftian videogame"
- Mike Davis, Lovecraft Ezine
- "Pixels and Dread"
- Reid McCarter, CG Magacine
- "Entrevista con The Game Kitchen (In Spanish) "
- Scullywen, Indie-O-Rama
- "The Last Door, un videojuego andaluz (In Spanish)"
- Canal Sur Noticias / Regional television news, Canal Sur
- "Rotor'scope Indie Pitch (Joystiq)"
- Justin McElroy, Joystiq
Team & Repeating
Lead Designer / Artist
Project Manager / Programmer
Jose Antonio Perales
Game Designer / Programmer
Artist, Writer / Sound Designer
Music Composer / Webmaster
Web (In Spanish)