The Game Kitchen
Based in Sevilla, Spain
June 18, 2010
Press / Business Contact:
Please contact via email first.
+0034 634 53 13 37
DescriptionWe create meaningful gaming experiences for PC, consoles and mobile devices. We're a small indie studio based in Seville (Spain).
Long before The Game Kitchen was born, its founders met each other and began learning how to make games. It was just a hobby at first; we had jobs somewhere else. Back then, we called ourselves "Nivel21 Entertainment". We made a few game prototypes and entered them into contests. The most remarkable one was "Rotor'scope: The Secret of the Endless Energy", which was awarded "2nd Prize" in DreamBuildPlay 2009.Early days
After the moderate success of Rotor'scope, we found the strength to quit our boring jobs and create our own company, The Game Kitchen. For the first two years, we did contract work for other companies and game studios, including ports of existing games, educational titles and serious games.Present
Today, we're totally focused on crafting and bringing to life meaningful gaming experiences, mostly in the field of what is commonly known as indie games. After a couple of failed attempts, we created our first indie hit: The Last Door, a point-and-click horror adventure game that consists of eight episodes spread across two seasons. It was released for web browsers, PC (Windows, Mac and Linux), Android, iOS and Windows Phone. The development of the first five episodes was funded through separated crowdfunding campaigns.
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominated for Best PC Game Award" - The Last Door - Gamelab Barcelona 2014 by the Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Interactivas
- "Nominated for Best Music and Sound Design Award" - The Last Door - Gamelab Barcelona 2014 by the Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Interactivas
- "Coolest Videogame" - The Last Door - Indie Burguer Development Awards 2014
- "We want a Sequel" - The Last Door - Indie Burguer Development Awards 2014
- "Nominated for Best Browser/Social Game Award" - The Last Door - Gamelab Barcelona 2013 by the Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Interactivas
- "Best Adventure Game 2013 (Second Chapter ‘Memories’)" - The Last Door - Armor Games - http://www.armorgames.com/
- "Top 10 Best Games of 2013 (Pilot Chapter ‘The Letter’)" - The Last Door - Kongregate - http://www.kongregate.com/
- "Best Indie Game, Public Choice Award" - Rotor'scope - GameLab, Barcelona, 2010
- "2nd Prize DreamBuildPlay 2009" - Rotor'scope - Microsoft XNA Contest, 2009
- "Best Gameplay" - Rotor'scope - ArtFutura, Barcelona, 2009
- "Ready, Steady, Poe: The Last Door"
- Adam Smith, Rock, paper, shotgun
- "Interview with one of the creators of "The Last Door", a lovecraftian videogame"
- Mike Davis, Lovecraft Ezine
- "Pixels and Dread"
- Reid McCarter, CG Magacine
- "Entrevista con The Game Kitchen (In Spanish) "
- Scullywen, Indie-O-Rama
- "The Last Door, un videojuego andaluz (In Spanish)"
- Canal Sur Noticias / Regional television news, Canal Sur
- "The Joystiq Indie Pitch: Rotor'scope (Joystiq)"
- Justin McElroy, Joystiq
Team & Repeating
CEO / Producer
Designer / Artist
Juan Manuel Lozano
Juan Miguel Lopez
Concept / 3D Artist