The Game Kitchen
Based in Sevilla, Spain
Description‘Blasphemous’ is a 2D combat platformer, with outstanding pixel art, and artisanly crafted smooth animations.
HistoryAbout the game
‘Blasphemous’ combines fast-paced, skilled combat (like that of hack-and-slash games), with a deep and evocative narrative core (like Dark Souls and Bloodborne), while also exploring 2D maze-like stages (like in Castlevania games). It is set in a nightmarish world where deeply rooted and twisted religion consumes the lives of the populace.Kickstarter campaign
The game will be arriving to Kickstarter on May 23rd, where we'll hope we'd find the funding support we need to remain independent, but more importantly where we will be gathering a community to open the development process to. We had a great time development our previous title, The Last Door, using crowdfunding and counting with the community on every possible ocassion to make the game better. Our goal would be to recrete this experience and take it even further with Blasphemous.
- Artisanly crafted pixel art with fluid animations.
- Explore a beatifully crafted open world, with houndreds of levels full of bloodthirsty creatures.
- Intense combat againts countless enemies, and epic boss battles.
- Huge varity of dark fantasy environment and situations, that tells a story for those willing to listen carefully.
- Haunting, original musical score by Carlos Viola.
There are currently no trailers available for Blasphemous. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "The project is still early in development, but its pixel art and aesthetic is already impressive."
- Christian Valentin, IndieGames.com
- "The oppressive atmosphere, the fluidity of the animation and the amount of detail achieved using pixel art as a visual technique sold us this project long ago."
- Marco Gonzálvez, IGN Spain
About The Game KitchenWe create meaningful gaming experiences for PC, consoles and mobile devices. We're a small indie studio based in Seville (Spain).
More information on The Game Kitchen, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Juan Manuel Lozano
Juan Miguel Barea