A Room Beyond

The Last Door isn't the only indie game you play, right?

A Room Beyond

Postby Ionarus » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Dear all,
may I advertise my own indie game project here? A Room Beyond was clearly inspired by the great work of The Last Door and other game and movie titles alike, i.e. Alone in the Dark, American Horror Story or Pan's Labyrinth.

ARoomBeyond-Screenshot.png
Screenshot
ARoomBeyond-Screenshot.png (49.7 KiB) Viewed 3456 times

Excerpt from plot:
<spoilerwarning>
When you awake, you find yourself trapped in a gloomy cave. Dim candle light reveals strange symbols and cult objects all over this place. You can’t remember what happened, but this place gives you shivers. There is a tiny ray of light in the distance which might lead to a room beyond this darkness. Outside the cave you find yourself in a forest which is surrounded by deep gorges and thick layers of fog. A crowd of people lives here in fear of an ominous apparition that creeps through the fog for manhunt. Help the villagers to solve the mystery of the murderous fog wanderer and uncover the fate that brings you to this place.
</spoilerwarning>

For the game's visual style I try to combine both, rough pixel abstraction which inspires player's imagination, but also 3D rendering which leads i.e. to pretty smooth motions. It's an one man indie project currently. A public beta of the first chapter is available, so feel free to play (and let me know what you think). The game is also present at Facebook, Steam and IndieDB.

Best,
René
Ionarus

Re: A Room Beyond

Postby monochrony » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:00 am

well hello there, fellow german countryman. this looks very promising. the visuals and camera perspectives remind me of early PSX RPGs. you earned yourself a thumbs-up and a follow on steam greenlight. would love to see more soon.
monochrony

Postby Ionarus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:41 am

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it! :)
Ionarus

Postby GamesJoblin » Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Looks interesting - also, a nice quote by Pete Ustinov. My new favorite :mrgreen:
GamesJoblin

Return to Indie Games