"play online" link not working

All about the sixth episode of The Last Door. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the chapter you may have found elsewhere.

"play online" link not working

Postby skweeg » Sun May 31, 2015 1:26 pm

I tried it in Firefox and Chrome, and neither seem to be working... I'm logged in, and can download the episode, but I'd rather play it online and have my progress saved in my account! Am I doing something wrong?
skweeg

Re: "play online" link not working

Postby tgk_elena » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:13 am

Hi there skweeg! Could you detail a little bit more and send us a screenshot, please?
tgk_elena

Postby salass00 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:48 am

The "Play Online" button isn't shown for me either for season 2 episodes 1 and 2. It works fine for entire season 1 though.

salass00

Postby tgk_nolver » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:24 am

Hi salass00,

what system are you on?

Your system and browser must support the Unity Web Player. Check this page for more information: docs.unity3d.com/Manual/TroubleShootingWebplayer.html

If you're on Linux, playing in the browser is not supported (for reasong behind our control). You are required to download the episode executable and execute it offline. Please note that you may need to manually assign the "executable" permission to the game file.
tgk_nolver

Postby salass00 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:02 pm

tgk_nolver wrote: what system are you on?

Chrome on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Your system and browser must support the Unity Web Player. Check this page for more information: docs.unity3d.com/Manual/TroubleShootingWebplayer.html

So season 2 uses a different engine for online play which only supports proprietary operating systems?

Kind of strange that something that runs in the browser cares what OS you are running but I guess it's not a big deal since offline play works just fine/maybe better even.

If you're on Linux, playing in the browser is not supported (for reasong behind our control). You are required to download the episode executable and execute it offline. Please note that you may need to manually assign the "executable" permission to the game file.

Yes, this is what I've been doing to play season 2 episodes and it's working well. Like you say I needed to manually set the executable permission for the exe files as they were cleared after unpacking.
salass00

Postby tgk_nolver » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:41 am

So season 2 uses a different engine for online play which only supports proprietary operating systems?

Kind of strange that something that runs in the browser cares what OS you are running but I guess it's not a big deal since offline play works just fine/maybe better even.

Episodes 1 to 4 were made using Adobe Flash, and episodes from 5 and up are made using Unity. Unfortunately, the Unity Web Player is not supported for Linux.

regards.
tgk_nolver

Postby hexaae » Fri May 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Not even the 1st Episode is playable with FireFox or Edge with Flash installed, Windows 10x64.
After you press Play Online, nothing happens.
hexaae

Return to Season Two - Episode 2: "My Dearest Visitor"