totally stuck right at the beginning

All about the Pilot Chapter of The Last Door. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the chapter you may have found elsewhere.

totally stuck right at the beginning

Postby Hegga » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:36 pm

I have a lit lamp, matches,and small cloth. I've propped open a window. I've run out of places to go or things to do. A LITTLE hint on what's next? Downstairs, I can't do much in the kitchen, or the study, or anywhere else, one door is padlocked, and I'm scared of the crows. Upstairs, one door won't open, one door is boarded, French windows are stuck, and one door is locked.

(I've checked some of the other hints on the forum, and had to avert my eyes quickly because they were for people much further along than I am.)

A tiny hint?
Hegga

Re: totally stuck right at the beginning

Postby The.Certain » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:27 am

Hey Hegga,

you should examine the room upstairs more closely. Sometimes it is easy to miss very tiny items. :)

Hope that already helps a little, otherwise, I can be more specific.

Best regards!
The.Certain

Postby Hegga » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:18 pm

THANKS!
Hegga

Postby aravindsuresh » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:42 am

Go to the room near the balcony. On a coffee table near the bed you will find a silver key. Use the Silver key on the Padlocked door.You'll find a record and a little further a crowbar. Put the record in the gramphone where you found the matches and wait until the music stops. Walk near the Exit door of the house until the music stops.
:o
Go to the kitchen and walk out the door. All the crows have gone. Click on the only crow left. Go to the room near the crooked painting. Keep the crow in the bowl. Do you Hear a meowing cat? Go back into the same room.
Go to the doorway closed with planks and open it with the crowbar. You'll find a dead woman on the bed. Read a note in her hand. After that a hairpin will fall. Pick it up. Go into the room ahead, you're in the portrait room. Notice the Portrait of a man below the window.

Go to the bedroom near the planked door and use the hairpin on the window. Go in, you're in the study. Use the can of thinner on the cloth. Pick up a hammer from the corner. Go back into the portrait room and use the wet cloth on the painting.

Go back into the open padlocked door and notice the fresh cement at the end of the room. Break it with the hammer.
Pick up the knife. Go back into the place where you found the thinner, and use the knife on the golden lynx's mouth. You'll get a gold key. Use the gold key on the the trapdoor on top of the ladder.
You'll find a hanging man. That's Anthony, our hero's best friend. Read the letter in his pocket.
(Caution! Jumpscare!)
End of the game!
aravindsuresh

Postby namugh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:22 pm

I managed to do all of that on my own. But when I try to break the cement wall with the hammer, it says "I don't want to make a mess."
namugh

Postby namugh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Apparently, I just had to wander around a lot more for the cat to meow and then break the wall because the cat's behind it. e.e
namugh

Postby Saibot » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi!

My cat doesn't "meow" either and I cannot break the wall. Did I miss something?

Thank you!
Saibot

Postby Saibot » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:29 pm

Mistery solved. Thank you anyway!

Great game, by the way!
Saibot

Postby JenKrull » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Can someone tell me which of the rooms has the cement in it, I can't seem to find the room and I have opened every door I can and I have even opened the door where the silver key is needed, is that the room with the cement I need to break
JenKrull

Return to Season One - Episode 1: “The Letter”