The dying crow

All about the Pilot Chapter of The Last Door. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the chapter you may have found elsewhere.

Re: The dying crow

Postby watsonPB2 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:40 am

Maybe Devitt was simply willing to help the dying crow, to "end its suffering" as the achievement said. After Devitt had picked up the crow, he could enter the kitchen and interact with the plates with a crow in his hand. "What a macabre thought." Devitt would said then. In Cp.2, it was revealed that Devitt was part of the organization that aimed to reach "beyond the veil". Maybe it led to a new way for Devitt to understand life and death. Also, there was a way to finish it off with the hammer (the same one used to destroy the wall in the basement). Thus there is evidence to prove that Devitt picked up the dying crow only to help relieve its pain rather than coming up with the idea of feeding it to the cat beforehand.
That is not dead which can eternal lie; and with strange aeons even death may die.
watsonPB2

Postby Karen May Jones » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:32 am

Well, let's see. Because you pick up EVERY THING you can! EOS. :)
Karen May Jones

Postby perrydave » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:53 pm

I guess he has the heart for the dying crow and he cares for it and wanting it to stay alive. Very rare to hav such wonderful good deeds for animals.

Postby R. Moreno » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:52 am

The ”better served silent” achievement is achieved [*]finishing his suffering with the hammer.
And I found the crow after having read the servant's diary and looking at the feeding box so it was logical to usenit as cat food.

Btw, why did someone say the crow died by poison? I'd say it was the animal the other crows were feeding on.
”Videte ne quis sciat”.
R. Moreno

Postby wendy4547 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:37 am

I end up opening a walkthrough just to get rid of the crow. The sounds are not creepy, but annoying!
wendy4547

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:11 pm

I put the crow out of it's misery right away with the hammer and the crying stopped. I'm glad I found it right away because walking around with that noise for a long time would have been awful.
Chelle

Previous

Return to Season One - Episode 1: “The Letter”