Community translation of Chapter 1 and 2

Help us bring The Last Door to a broader audience by contributing a translation. Use this forum to collaboratively translate the game with other players and the dev team.

Community translation of Chapter 1 and 2

Postby tgk_nolver » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:19 am

Hi!

After developing the necessary tools and try them out ourselves, while creating the Spanish translation, we are finally ready to start Community Translations!

If you would like to submit a translation for Chapter 1 and/or 2, the first step is to say Hi in the "recruiting translation" thread: http://thelastdoor.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2

Then we will contact you via email, and provide you with the required files and tools. I have put together a short video demonstrating what's inside the translation package we're sending you, and the procedure to try out the progress of the translation in the game itself:

Please, once you have started translating the files, use this post to provide us feedback or resolve issues you may encounter during the process. I'll be personally checking out this thread often, and doing my best to assist you during the process.

When you feel your translation is finished, just tell us, via email or simply replying in this thread. I will then perform a final test of the translation, and if it's OK I will intermediately make it available to the rest of the world.

We would like to thank you guys for helping us out, and of course in behalf of all players around the world that are going to be able to enjoy the game thanks to the translations you submit!

Thank you!!
tgk_nolver

Re: Community translation of Chapter 1 and 2

Postby Cystennin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Right off the bat I have two questions:

1. The fonts you're using don't appear to support the Cyrillic script, which is utilised in Russian language. Now, I've searched the Net in advance and managed to procure a Cyrillic font, that looks sort of similar to the original one from the game. I have yet to find a match for the dyslexia-friendly version, but for the purpose of testing should I send you the first font via e-mail or do you have your own sources in this matter?

2. I've asked about this in the other topic, but since this is now the question thread, I'll just repost:
I've looked through the Spanish version of the first chapter and couldn't help but notice that the credits sequence in the beginning was not translated. Now I suspect there are technical difficulties involved, but as a translator I'll say this: having chunks of foreign text inside the translation always makes a bad impression on the reader. So I urgently request to (if at all possible) adress this issue. Thanks.
Cystennin

Postby tgk_nolver » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:43 pm

1. Please send us the Font via email, and we will try to include it in the game early next week. I would suggest that you go ahead with the translation in the meantime, but actually I can't 100% certain it would easy to have cilrylic characters implemented, so I would wait until I get back to you once we had the chance to try to include the font.

2. You are right, there are technical implications: currently these texts are actually pre-rendered inside textures. We will discuss how hard would it be to have it solved next week.

thank you!
tgk_nolver

Postby Luk3 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:28 pm

I have two questions:

1. I have no acces to chapter 2, but I should translate it.
2. Shouldn't I translate the first chapter, too?

Unfortunately the TLD Localization Tool doesn't accept ü in the password, so i had to change it. ;(
Luk3

Postby tgk_nolver » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi Luk3, just sent you the meterials corresponding to chapter1 via email.

It would be better to wait to have played chapter 2 before you translate it, this way you will surely enjoy it more!

thank you.
tgk_nolver

Postby Luk3 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Thank you for your fast reply.
Luk3

Postby RoccoSalvetti » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:01 am

I was trying to test some translated strings but, when I launch the game, under my account I found a different translation. How comes?

Regards.

Rocco
RoccoSalvetti

Postby Luk3 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:18 am

Is there a version of the text files with english comments?
I guess current ones are spanish. :(
Luk3

Postby byucesoy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:35 am

I said "hi" in the other thread previously but I did not receive any e-mail yet. Could you please send necessary documents to me?
byucesoy

Postby tgk_nolver » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:35 am

Rocco:
There is currently an issue I failed to beforesee, when two people are working on the same language at the same time. It'll be fixed first thing next Monday.

Luk3:
I didn't noticed there were spanish comments in the translation files, we normally only comment in english, but since several people touched these maybe one of us accidentally forgot abut the rule and commented in spanish. I will be reviewing all coments and sending the files back to you next Monday.

pwmtr:
You were sent the translation files to your Hotmail account yesterday. Plase check your spam folder because it's posible it landed there accidentally.
tgk_nolver

Next

Return to Community Translations