the end

All about the fourth (and final) episode of The Last Door's second season. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the episode you may have found elsewhere.

the end

Postby iaqopo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:11 pm

gosh, i wish there was a save button to replay that part.
right when the plot was getting even more thick... bang.

i've just finished to play the episode, i'm still a little puzzled and a little bit unsatisfied with the finale, but i am overall pleased by the entire series. i'm definitely going to miss this all.
iaqopo

Re: the end

Postby macacojr » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:15 pm

I got 2 ends.... too lazy to find out if there are 3... or more
macacojr

Postby meggers » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:59 am

I loved the audio-only plot addition after the end credits! The use of sound throughout this series has been so inventive and really fun to experience. Really cool and unique.
meggers

Postby pchauty » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:46 am

Well... Sadly I have to say I am a bit disappointed.
This last episode offered no challenge whatsoever regarding puzzles and the ending almost seemed like it was made in a hurry. I appreciate not wanting to give all the answers to the mysteries of the series but I wished we would learn more.
Although I must say that I had nearly forgotten all that happened before that, so it didn't help to comprehend the ending...
pchauty

Postby benmaltz » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:25 pm

This game is fantastic and I've followed the series from the beginning but you really shouldn't have to play the whole game over from the beginning to get the different endings.
benmaltz

Postby Virgil1000 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:17 pm

pchauty wrote:Well... Sadly I have to say I am a bit disappointed.
This last episode offered no challenge whatsoever regarding puzzles and the ending almost seemed like it was made in a hurry.

I agree - no puzzles at all, it felt like a (barely) interactive novel rather than a game. The ending was incredibly disappointing - I assume the developers ran out of time/budget, and hence decided not to actually show Wakefield carrying out his rescue. It was really jarring to have that entire section happen off camera, only to be narrated after the fact.
Virgil1000

Postby Jagu » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Fantastic ending Im still so touched about the story and I can t believe what just happened.The creators of this game should be honoerd like Mozart for his musican. Do not forget boys:

videte ne quis sciat
Jagu

Postby Virgil1000 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:13 pm

How interesting that my perfectly polite, but constructively critical, posts haven't been cleared for publication. The posts were made yesterday, and several posts by other users - made after mine - have been put up. A disappointingly petty and censorious approach.
Virgil1000

Postby Fest » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:44 pm

Virgil1000 wrote:
pchauty wrote:Well... Sadly I have to say I am a bit disappointed.
This last episode offered no challenge whatsoever regarding puzzles and the ending almost seemed like it was made in a hurry.

I agree - no puzzles at all, it felt like a (barely) interactive novel rather than a game. The ending was incredibly disappointing - I assume the developers ran out of time/budget, and hence decided not to actually show Wakefield carrying out his rescue. It was really jarring to have that entire section happen off camera, only to be narrated after the fact.

Unfortunately, I must agree with you both. Although I loved the game as a whole, and I won't stop recommending it, I can't help but feeling disappointed with the finale. The last episode felt just... plain dull for me. Everything was too easy and straightforward, especially compared with the last two episodes, which were probably -in my opinion- the bests. I was really hyped and ready for another challenging episode with smart puzzles, but it didn't turn out to be like that, in my opinion.

Even so, I really enjoyed the whole game and I will definitely replay it at some point.
Fest

Postby Austin N » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Yeah, that was pretty underwhelming. After waiting the whole series to see what the Veil looked like, it was disappointing to see that many of the areas were reused from earlier episodes. I was hoping that there'd be a significant confrontation with The Bird, given the build up he's gotten. But he only makes a brief appearance and doesn't do anything. A text only ending was not the way to go.

I wish The Game Kitchen the best of luck in the future, I just hope they manage to stick the landing next time.
Austin N

Next

Return to Season Two - Episode 4: "Beyond the Curtain"