cannot play the chapter in any way

All about the sixth episode of The Last Door. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the chapter you may have found elsewhere.

cannot play the chapter in any way

Postby Coldkil » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm

On Win10 64bit, both online link via firefox and by downloading it form the website the chapter doesn't start.

Especially the download, it prompts the starting screen -the text appears to be missing aswell as the cursor and if you manage to click on the button it goes black screen and stays there.
Coldkil

Re: cannot play the chapter in any way

Postby F3nr1s » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:47 pm

Have also a problem on the linux version. Downloaded and unzipped it. If I try to start it, the configuration opens, after I have choosen an resolution and graphic details, it will abort.
My console output:
Set current directory to /home/<username>/TheLastDoor/TLD_S02E02
Found path: /home/<username>/TheLastDoor/TLD_S02E02/S2EP2.x86_64
Mono path[0] = '/home/<username>/TheLastDoor/TLD_S02E02/S2EP2_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/home/<username>/TheLastDoor/TLD_S02E02/S2EP2_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/home/<username>/TheLastDoor/TLD_S02E02/S2EP2_Data/Mono/etc'
Aborted (dump written)

I replaced my username with <username>.
(the same happens, if I staht S2E2.x86).
F3nr1s

Postby kitty_pwnz » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:54 pm

still the same issue! I just paid $10 for the whole chapter, yet everytime I try to play this game it tells me there is an error; whether i download it or play it online.
And clearly, from the previous posts in this forum, this has been going for windows 10 users since late december of 2015.
please fix this issue. I would really like to play this game; and I do not want to go through the hassle of cancelling my payment. :x
kitty_pwnz

Postby tgk_nolver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:46 pm

We're having a closer look at this issue.
Coming back with more news soon.
tgk_nolver

Postby publicly_visible » Thu May 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Coldkil wrote:On Win10 64bit, both online link via firefox and by downloading it form the website the chapter doesn't start.

Especially the download, it prompts the starting screen -the text appears to be missing aswell as the cursor and if you manage to click on the button it goes black screen and stays there.

That happens if you do not have the Visual C++ 2012 runtimes installed. The Collector’s Edition includes them, but you can also install them separately (you only need the x86 version since TLD is not 64-bit).

Make sure you are connected to the Internet though, otherwise TLD will crash if it cannot connect.

(Why they chose to switch to Unity and create all these unnecessary problems is beyond me.)
publicly_visible

Return to Season Two - Episode 2: "My Dearest Visitor"