bricked out room in asylum completely black and shifted left

All about the fifth chapter of The Last Door. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the chapter you may have found elsewhere.

bricked out room in asylum completely black and shifted left

Postby BtizeF200 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Hello,

So i have the download version and i got as far as the bricked out room in asylum (i managed to work it out). But it is completely black. The only thing i can see it the item on the floor and when the item is revealed i only see half of it. It seems for these 2 screens everything is shifted over to the left by 50% / blacked out so i cant even navigate back out of the room (mouse can't make contact with entrance)!

Any help / tips would be appreciated.

I'm using a Nvidia GTX 970 on windows 8.1

Thanks.
BtizeF200

Re: bricked out room in asylum completely black and shifted

Postby bertfox » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:58 pm

I had the same issue and contacted the creators by email and got a email back saying that they fixed the issue. When deleted my current file and re-downloaded the game it was fixed.

However, a little later in the game I have the same issue with another area with it shifting to a corner of the room and everything being dark. I've followed up with that issue as well and waiting to hear back.

Try downloading the game again and hopefully you won't have the same issue I'm having after I wake up in a new area after visiting a opium den.
bertfox

Postby TheCollector » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 am

Have the same issue. Having redownloaded the game and having overcopied the old files didn't solve the problem for me. Can't play any further.
TheCollector

Postby Stubla » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:39 am

Same issue here unfortunately! Room blacked out and shifted to the left. The same thing happens with the item under the tile - half of the screen is black and the other half picture.
Stubla

Postby Sbot » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:14 am

Same issue for me! All goes black and the room seems to split on the left of the screen! Do something pls!
Sbot

Postby ap87 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:27 am

I downloaded the Linux version today, and I'm having the exact same problem: everything is black and the exit has shifted left off the screen.
ap87

Postby ap87 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:23 am

So apparently the issue has been fixed, but the Linux version has not yet been rebuilt from the new source. I worked around this by downloading the Windows version and copying the OS-dependent files from the Linux one into it. Now, could the creators please upload a fresh Linux build?
ap87

Return to Season Two - Episode 1: "The Playwright"