Chapter 3 free play

All about the third chapter of The Last Door. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the chapter you may have found elsewhere.

Re: Chapter 3 free play

Postby James London » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Harkonnen wrote:Lo and behold: the internet. The final frontier. The only place where people will complain at you for having to wait for you to give them your work for free. And, lest we forget, something that you can buy right away for the exorbitant price of 1€.

So, losing our patience, are we? I say, let's show them by not buying their game! Oh, wait...

The problem with your argumentation is that it misses that this is just part of the problem. It's also not a great show by The Game Kitchen to their paying customers or other investors. Especially since TGK is based in a timezone where February the 14th is nearly over.

Let's be frank here: I love The Game Kitchen for doing this in the first place, and I'd like to think of myself as pretty patient. So I'm not really upset about not being able to play the third chapter, I'm more worried about what this may look like to outsiders looking in at The Game Kitchen and rustling their coins in their pockets. Especially those who have purchased the fourth chapter, who I can only imagine what they're thinking.

At the very least, sticking a notification about what time of the appointed day we can expect content up by would help.

I don't want to act like I'm ungrateful; I'm not, and when in doubt I can always look back on what they've done so far. It's just that Indie companies live life on the edge and I really don't want to see them get a black mark as unreliable, because it looks like they might.
James London

Postby Harkonnen » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:28 pm

James London wrote:
Harkonnen wrote:Lo and behold: the internet. The final frontier. The only place where people will complain at you for having to wait for you to give them your work for free. And, lest we forget, something that you can buy right away for the exorbitant price of 1€.

So, losing our patience, are we? I say, let's show them by not buying their game! Oh, wait...

The problem with your argumentation is that it misses that this is just part of the problem. It's also not a great show by The Game Kitchen to their paying customers or other investors. Especially since TGK is based in a timezone where February the 14th is nearly over.

Let's be frank here: I love The Game Kitchen for doing this in the first place, and I'd like to think of myself as pretty patient. So I'm not really upset about not being able to play the third chapter, I'm more worried about what this may look like to outsiders looking in at The Game Kitchen and rustling their coins in their pockets. Especially those who have purchased the fourth chapter, who I can only imagine what they're thinking.

At the very least, sticking a notification about what time of the appointed day we can expect content up by would help.

I don't want to act like I'm ungrateful; I'm not, and when in doubt I can always look back on what they've done so far. It's just that Indie companies live life on the edge and I really don't want to see them get a black mark as unreliable, because it looks like they might.

Mate, I live in the same time zone as they do and I was out having lunch when you posted. My point being, how is the day nearly over? The working class didn't even get home yet.

I would understand if these brats above us were legit customers complaining Chapter 4 is not out yet. This is not such a thread. Therefore, respectfully, in the context of this thread, your point is moot.

Otherwise, I absolutely think not only that your point is valid, but also that you are right. Looking at the whole thing, this is not good publicity for TGK.
Harkonnen

Postby James London » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Harkonnen wrote:
Mate, I live in the same time zone as they do and I was out having lunch when you posted. My point being, how is the day nearly over? The working class didn't even get home yet.

"Nearly" isn't quite the accurate word I'd use (though some would disagree with me), but my point was more that it's a lot closer to being over than it is to not.

It's after three over there, which means less than 10 hours until midnight, and for the supposedly stereotypical "Nine to Five' work day it's got less than two hours left. By the stop watches and judgement of more than a few, that would make the day "nearly" over even if the time line doesn't really match up, and by the judgements of even more it would at least mean the day is more over than it isn't.

That's sort of why I raised the question of letting people know what part of the day we can expect it to be up, since that could clear up a lot of this confusion. Especially for people used to differnet work schedules.

Harkonnen wrote:I would understand if these brats above us were legit customers complaining Chapter 4 is not out yet. This is not such a thread. Therefore, respectfully, in the context of this thread, your point is moot.

I'd beg to politely disagree.

Firstly, we are all "legit customers" here, strictly speaking (as one of the friendly neighborhood parasi-err, Free To Play gamers) here. Even the lovely "gentlemen" above who I think were being ungrateful and rude. That again just goes back to part of the reason why I'm even concerned about this: TGK is one of the few companies out there that would even go this far, and so if something goes off I'm worried.

Of course, I do think some people abuse that and get entitled about it. Especially since (again) it's extraordinarily generous to do this in the first place.

Secondly, while it's moot now for reasons I'll get to, I don't see how discussion about Chapter 4 not being available would be out of place here. Since the release of Free to Play and Paid episodes for The Last Door are tied together, a glitch that affects one usually affects both. Which means nothing good on the whole; so why would it be "moot" to talk about different parts of the same issue?

That being said, you'll be glad to know that while you were eating lunch, Chapter 4 apparently got up and running. So that just leaves the bizarre Free To Play lag.

Harkonnen wrote:Otherwise, I absolutely think not only that your point is valid, but also that you are right. Looking at the whole thing, this is not good publicity for TGK.

Thank you. And indeed, I think that's the real sad thing.

But since RDM got on the announcements and said they're working it out, I think that should be cleared away soon. Here's hoping.
James London

Postby Harkonnen » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:33 pm

James London wrote:
Harkonnen wrote:

"Nearly" isn't quite the accurate word I'd use (though some would disagree with me), but my point was more that it's a lot closer to being over than it is to not.

It's after three over there, which means less than 10 hours until midnight, and for the supposedly stereotypical "Nine to Five' work day it's got less than two hours left. By the stop watches and judgement of more than a few, that would make the day "nearly" over even if the time line doesn't really match up, and by the judgements of even more it would at least mean the day is more over than it isn't.

That's sort of why I raised the question of letting people know what part of the day we can expect it to be up, since that could clear up a lot of this confusion. Especially for people used to differnet work schedules.

I'd love to wander off to leech, I mean play, chapter 3, but apparently I can't yet so I will politely point out that it's Spanish people we are talking about. These lads changed their timezone during WW2 to please Hitler, but forgot to change it back after the merry moustached buddy wandered off into the sunset. So, while they wake up with the sun like any sensible god-fearing individual does, sunrise happens at a quite peculiar time here. Suffice it to say that lunch time happens at around 14.30 and a regular work shift ends at around 20.00.

Of course this is just idle chatter, as it is of no real consequence for the rest of the civilized world when these guys wake up, if at all. Nevertheless, it's always jolly to discuss the schedules of your lazy neighbours.

PS: I am a spaniard myself, so let us just not start wildly throwing bigotry accusations around just yet.
Harkonnen

Postby Falconpride » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Nope, all it says now Free to Play in Summer 2014...
Falconpride

Postby Harkonnen » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:44 pm

undeadking243 wrote:TGK_enrique has just posted saying that ch. 3 is f2p now. :|

WELL IT'S NOT GODDAMMIT.

I mean *cough* Something is amiss, because I can't seem to be able to properly access that content.

Falconpride wrote:Nope, all it says now Free to Play in Summer 2014...

Probably a mistake, what will be free to play in Summer 2014 surely should be chapter 4?
Harkonnen

Postby James London » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:02 pm

Harkonnen wrote:
James London wrote:
Harkonnen wrote:

I'd love to wander off to leech, I mean play, chapter 3, but apparently I can't yet so I will politely point out that it's Spanish people we are talking about. These lads changed their timezone during WW2 to please Hitler, but forgot to change it back after the merry moustached buddy wandered off into the sunset. So, while they wake up with the sun like any sensible god-fearing individual does, sunrise happens at a quite peculiar time here. Suffice it to say that lunch time happens at around 14.30 and a regular work shift ends at around 20.00.

Of course this is just idle chatter, as it is of no real consequence for the rest of the civilized world when these guys wake up, if at all. Nevertheless, it's always jolly to discuss the schedules of your lazy neighbours.

PS: I am a spaniard myself, so let us just not start wildly throwing bigotry accusations around just yet.

YOu-YOu..> How Daaaare you bully somebody about their moustaaache!!!! You are RACIST!

*Riddled with Gunshots.*

On a more serious note; as someone who had a corporate lawyer for a dad, you'd be surprised about what investors will do with knowledge about someone's schedule. In one case I believe he mentioned his company moving to withdraw a lawsuit because they figured that someone from another company didn't make an appointment because said other person's schedule indicated they were in the middle of taking their daily medical treatment.

So knowing when in the day TGK usually releases content could be useful.
James London

Postby tgk_nolver » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:11 pm

The day finally arrived, Chapter 3 is now free to play!!

Apparently I messed up while updating the page, so some of you might has get a weird message meant for Chapter 4 and not 3. Anyway, it's fixed now :D

Hope you guys like it!
tgk_nolver

Previous

Return to Season One - Episode 3: "The Four Witnesses"