The Nun and the Sea.

All about the Second Chapter of The Last Door. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the chapter you may have found elsewhere.

Re: The Nun and the Sea.

Postby scarletwolf22 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:17 am

fridtwolfe wrote:But wasn't that nun vehemently praying alongside her bed later?

That was actually the nun that was next to the Virgin Mary statue.
scarletwolf22

Postby London Ghoul » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:16 am

I know the answer: She was a deepone.
The game is heavy inspired in Lovecraft and other autors, but mostly lovecraft. In his story "The Shadow Over Insmouth", some fish-like people usualy returned to the sea to leave after a life on earth as humans.
Since that nun was not a character but an obstacle, she was no longer in need, so, she was left in for us to wonder...
London Ghoul

Postby TGK_RDM » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:32 am

London Ghoul wrote:I know the answer: She was a deepone.

Hi London Ghoul!

Well, not confirming nor denying anything, we have to admit that this is actually one of the theories (in relation with the nun and the sea) that we have enjoyed the most! Good shot, mate! :)

Cheers

RD
TGK_RDM

Postby Wolf14 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:02 pm

Personally, I doubt the creators even know what happened to her. It's a mystery. We don't need to know, and we won't know. It adds to the atmosphere. Maybe we'll find out in time.

However, if we're going to talk theories, I doubt she killed herself right after Devitt filled her with hope. Perhaps Mister Baldwin killed her. Think about it; to get to the beach she would have had to pass right by where he was working.

I like the Lovecraft theory though, seems to be the most likely and subliminal nod to him.
Wolf14 (Chris)
Wolf14

Postby Iurii » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:43 am

Some more mystery is revealed now - when speaking to the nun in her room, if you choose 'Lord works in mysterious ways' and play the music box, the nun will stand by the sea alive confirming the theory that the Lord indeed works in mysterious ways.
But if you choose to say a blasphemy to her - then she will go to the beach and (I think) jump into the sea out of despair.
Iurii

Postby zombie-nator96 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:59 pm

The Women was dragged into the coffin by Baldwin

I think that's what I assumed
zombie-nator96

Previous

Return to Season One - Episode 2: “Memories"