The "four witnesses"???*a question with a spoiler*

All about the Second Chapter of The Last Door. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the chapter you may have found elsewhere.

The "four witnesses"???*a question with a spoiler*

Postby AG1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:54 pm

The "four witnesses"??? I've realized something which confused me...In chapter 2, when you use the last door, in the memory there are 4 ppl AND fatherErnest.So why is it "The Four Witnesses" :?: :?: :?:
AG1

Re: The "four witnesses"???*a question with a spoiler*

Postby XxVeiraxX » Wed May 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Well maybe that is going to be answered in the next season(not free to play yet). One theory of mine is that the time when Devitt starts this "journey" one of the witnesses was already dead(Anthony). Another theory is that all witnesses remember this incident except for Devitt and he is not counted in. I think playing the series to end will answer the question but these are my theories. Take into consideration that it has been a while since I last played the game... :)
XxVeiraxX

Postby AG1 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:59 am

Thank you very much for your anwser and the theories you have given me! :)
AG1

Postby ShadyEyes » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:41 pm

I have two theories about why there is five people and only four witnesses.
First one, is that while indeed there is four witnesses (Anthony, Devitt, Father Ernest and the nameless guy*), fifth person, Alexander isn't the witness. He's, from lack of better term, ceremony master or leader of the group - he doesn't witness things, he made them happen.
Other theory is based on came to me after thinking about Devitt's dream, the bunny part. Why if the fifth person was meant to be sacrificed to Simurg, so other could look through Veil? Devitt seems to be only person who didn't remember, what happened back then, so maybe, if this theory is real, he was the one, who was going to be sacrificed, but as the bunny in tale from dream, he managed to escape Alexander and the others.

*correct me if somewhere he was named - I didn't play Collector's Edition, so I'm not sure if his name was mentioned there)
ShadyEyes

Postby lucky13 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:11 pm

The reason there were only four witnesses is because one of them had to inject the others with the serum. I believe it was Anthony who did so. He didn't have the same experience as them, and is therefore not considered a "witness".
lucky13

Postby TGK_RDM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 am

Nice theories, mates!
Keep them up! :)
Cheers,
RD
TGK_RDM

Postby ArvaaKuka » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:39 pm

There were four witnesses plus one who made the things happen. Anthony was the leader of their secret society, so he wasnt counted in. The four men who were watching things to happen were Jeremy, Father Ernest, Alexandre and soomeone whos name we dont know yet. Or we actually do know, that his first name is Hugo or something like that. In the collectors edition there is mini episode, where someone opens dead Ernests stomach and founds a letter where are 4 names: Ernest, Jeremy, Alexandre and Hugo-something. (this all happens after 2nd episode somewhere around the 3rd and 4th episodes timeline. Something happened to everyone of these five: Anthony and Alexandre propably continued running the whole thing, but in some point they both got mad: Anthony killed himself, Alexandre went to asylym. Ernest, at least I think so, left it all behind, but he didnt forget but kept punishing himself, in the end killing himself.

But Hugo and Jeremy are biggest mysteries. Jeremy maybe succesed to foorget it all. Maybe he used some kind of drug to make it all disappear from his mind. We know very few things about Hugo. His name and photo are always vanished or unclear. It looks like Ernest hated him or something, becouse he didnt give any information about him. It could be possible that this moment Hugo is leading the whole system. Or he could be working with Kauffman. We'll propably find out in the season two. But anyways Im sure that he is important character.
ArvaaKuka

Return to Season One - Episode 2: “Memories"