Summary-Plot

All about the Pilot Chapter of The Last Door. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the chapter you may have found elsewhere.

Summary-Plot

Postby Bluebaron » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Hello everyone,

I have played the first chapter a long time ago and since I waited for the other chapters for a long time, I forgot the story. Maybe, somebody can provide a full plot of the game for us.

Thanks.
Bluebaron

Re: Summary-Plot

Postby TGK_RDM » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:51 am

Hi bluebaron,
You're not the first one suggesting a summary.. and we can't agree more. We only have to find the time to write the plot down and upload it somewhere in our website for you to consult it..
Thanks for the suggestion, mate!
Cheers,
RD
TGK_RDM

Postby Zgroktar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:16 pm

If you really want to remember the story, why not play the chapters again?
Zgroktar

Postby Bluebaron » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:29 am

Season 1-Chapter 1 (Pilot Chapter)- Devitt Receives An Unnerving Letter

In this chapter, we are playing as Devitt. The chapter starts with Anthony Beechworth committing suicide by hanging himself by a rope in his house's attic in Sussex. He writes a letter to Devitt stating that
"After all my actions, I have entered to an unavoidable path. It is too late for me. I wish you forgive me one day"

In the second scene, Devitt receives the letter in October 1891. From his dialogs by himself, we learn that Anthony and Devitt were friends in a school in Scotland and organizing a secret science and philosophy group together. And Devitt arrives to Anthony's house.

Devitt enters to the house. He sees a letter in the entrance written by house servants Mr and Mrs Brewer stating that:
"After the recent events, we can't stand working here anymore. The only option is leaving for us. We are grateful for the years we worked here. God bless you. "
. At this moment, Devitt starts realizing something strange was going on in the house. This idea gets stronger as he finds a diary in the servant's room:
"5 March 1891, Mr Beechworth asked us to get ride of all our religious items. 18 May 1891, Mr Bechworth continuosly complains about Alfie (the cat). He ordered us to keep it outside. I am worrying about Mr Beechworth, he gets more weird day by day. 15 September 1891, Mr Beechworth spends his all day locked in his office. He asked us to drop the meal in front of his door, however he does not even eat it completely."

Later, Devitt gets into the room of Anna (Note 1: Anthony's wife, we learn her name in the second chapter. Note 2: Getting into the room of Anna requires for the players to solve some puzzles). A sentences,
"Leave Me Alone"
, has been written on the wall with blood. Devitt finds a letter in Anna's death hands:
"I write this letter with my last sentences, last lines, last breaths. My husband became a total stranger by an unknown force. The only thing I know is this force is not something from this world. I soon come together with my brothers/sisters. Soon, I will get ride of this crazy and dark place."
. It appears that Anna knows she would be death soon. He finds another letter on the floor written by Anna to Margaret (her friend):
"It has been many days since Anthony last got of of his room. I can hear him scarily whispering and it gets worse day by day. After our servants left, I became exhausted, I barely get out of my bed and walk. The doctor has not been coming anymore since his last argument with Anthony. I wish I could send this letter to you."
. There is also a paper from Anna's diary:
"I can't stand their staring. They stare at me. They judge me. They misprize me. I know, they think I don't deserve this family. How do you have the right to judge me? Leave me alone! I don't need you! Leave me alone!"

When Devitt finds the room that goes to the attic with some chemical experiments sets, he finds some papers on the table:
"They can't irritate me any more. I got bored of their whispering, judging eyes. Everything is ready. There is only one thing left to do."
and
"This dammed cat. It meaoves every night. For me, I know. It makes fun of me. He knows my secret. I can't allow it to ruin everything. I have no other choice. I have to finish off its miserable life. Or even better, I can take its eyes off. You gossipy animal, you can't talk anymore!"
. Some other newspaper articles are in the room as well:
"1887, The Judge killed himself in a strange way. 1888, Earl has been found dead in Thames River. 1889, The famous actor has been found dead in his bed covered with blood."

While Devitt searches for the house, he finds the cat blinded behind a newly build wall in the basement on a chest with a mask, knife and cloak.

Devitt finally makes his way to the attic, where he finds the dead body of Anthony hanging from the ceiling. He finds a letter written by Anthony for him:
"Dear J. Devitt, If you are reading this letter, I am already dead. I am writing this letter with the last drops of my conscious mind. You are one of my oldest friends and I was never suspicious that you came here as soon as you receive my letter. If you didn't come to here today, everything would be done for nothing. I have found myself in a scary situation. Because of some further reasons than my understanding and healthy mind state, I have become a person who is totally a stranger for myself and for every one around me and who is able to do brutal things. I can't provide any more details now. I want you to go the the place, to our school where we made that agreement, where we sweared on our honour to protect each other forever. This letter should not be captured by others, so destroy it. The lives of yours and rest of the group is in great danger. Don't lose any time. They are waiting for you. Believe what you see, Devitt. DOn't forget. Your always friend Anthony Beechworth"
. After he reads the letter, the crows rushing into the room eats the corpse of Anthony and the chapter ends.
Bluebaron

Postby Bluebaron » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:30 am

Please note that this summary is written by my own words. The quote parts, as well.
Bluebaron

Postby TGK_RDM » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:55 am

Hey Bluebaron!

Thanks for the pilot chapter plot summary! You took your time and we appreciate it!
Good job!

Cheers,

RD
TGK_RDM

Postby elviajedeli » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Hello everyone,

Thanks!! I couldn't agree more either. I really need summaries of previous chapters in order to keep playing new ones... The Last Door is suposed to be a series, but every drama series starts with "Previously...", even more if there is mistery and it's been months since the previous chapter was released! :(
elviajedeli

Postby R. Moreno » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:18 am

Bluebaron, in case you want to add it to your summary, I've played only this chapter right now (in the Android Collector edition) and I think one of the most important sentences may be the ending of Beechworth letter,

”videte ne quis sciat”: ”do not let anyone know”,

that I imagine was their promise in the secret philosophy & science group.

I've enjoyed this; Poe and Lovecraft mythos themes and hints, keeps you wanting to unfold the story and I didn't miss hard puzzles; in life you do not often find super puzzles unless you are a detective. The thing is the story unfolding and that cinema feeling and cool moments like the crows ”red moment” or the ending, or opening scene, ...
”Videte ne quis sciat”.
R. Moreno

Return to Season One - Episode 1: “The Letter”