The Black Cat

All about the Pilot Chapter of The Last Door. Reveal secrets, ask for hints, or share any topic relevant to the chapter you may have found elsewhere.

The Black Cat

Postby Dangeresque » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:38 am

Just finished chapter one: the Letter, I found its progression very natural (no difficulty in figuring things out). The only part that particularly scared me was with the breaking record, that was frightening. The rest wasn't surprising considering it closely resembled Edgar Allen Poe's "The Black Cat" http://poestories.com/read/blackcat a short story about a guy who gouges the eyes out of his beloved cat, Pluto, in a fit of alcoholic rage and later murders it because it fears him, then gets a new cat which he thinks is the reincarnation of his old cat and it has a white marking looking like a noose. He then murders his wife, who is found behind a wall due to the meowing of the cat. Karma. Anyway, you see the similarities. On that thought, a lot of your stuff is very Poe-esque. (the weird scthye room in the Deepest Sleep reminds me of something out of the Pit and the Pendulum), no? Anyway... I'm glad the cat lives in the this. :)
Dangeresque

Return to Season One - Episode 1: “The Letter”